The Kingdom of Kalladen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Kingdom of Kalladen

The place to find all things pertaining to Kalladen, the Waco chapter of the High Fantasy Society

HomeHome  CR ForumsCR Forums  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Stories of Shivanni Nixanna MacDonald

Go down 
AuthorMessage
shivanni-macdonald
Admin
shivanni-macdonald

Title(s) : Regent/ Baroness/ Dame

Character sheet
Character Name: Shivanni Macdonald
Class (1): Alchemist

The Stories of Shivanni Nixanna MacDonald Empty
PostSubject: The Stories of Shivanni Nixanna MacDonald   The Stories of Shivanni Nixanna MacDonald Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 9:46 am

The Change
(as posted to hfsyahoogroups on May 7, 2009)

Elspeth sealed the letter to her husband and left it upon his desk. She was hoping this would buy her a little time before he came looking for her. She walked out to the stables and borrowed a beautiful white mare, no doubt belonging to one royal or another. No worries she would have the horse back in no time at all. She rode quietly though the streets of Kallabach, using this time alone to reflect on the many things that were going wrong lately, so many rumors flying all over the realms. On the outskirts of Kallabach, Elspeth found what she was looking for. A small tavern with sweet smelling smoke rising from the chimney. When she walked in the door she was greeted by a old weathered woman with a smile and a tight hug.
"Shivanni! It is wonderful to see you my dear. I assume you are here because you have come to stay?"
Elspeth smiled and nodded.
"Wonderful!" The old woman clapped and giggled. Elspeth smiled. "Esme, I must admit that I didn't make the track from the castle purely for a social visit." Elspeth was interrupted by the wave of the old woman's hand. "Of course not, Shivanni." She grabbed Elspeth's hand and looked into her palm, smoothing the lines. "Your are through pretending, yes? This Elspeth, your are ready to shed her, yes?" Elspeth nodded. "To split your life is to split your soul, Shivanni. 'Tis not healthy. Your husband, Does he know?"
"I think he knows more about me than he wants me to know." Elspeth smiled. The old woman shook her head. "So many secrets you two keep. You have heard the rumors, yes? You know he has come out of hiding and is searching."
"Let him search! He will not find me!" Elspeth spit.
"Indeed. I do not think you even know where you are. Are you ready?"
"Yes."
Esme led Elspeth through the patrons of the tavern and upstairs to the second floor. Elspeth followed her into a small room with furs and blankets that lay out upon the floor. Esme guided her down on top of them. As Elspeth lay on her back she took a deep breath.
"Now you remember the consequences, yes?"
"Yes."
"You will remember nothing of Elspeth. You will know your husband, for you know his soul, you will know your children, for they are apart of you, and you will know those who are connected to you. We must do this for your power. If you truly wish to gain it back. After this night, this ritual, you will be Shivanni, healer, mother, wife and witch. You are an alchemist, a bruja." Esme handed a bowl of foul smelling liquid to Elspeth to drink. "Close your eyes, chikni. This is going to be painful." Elspeth's eyes closed as the pain fell like a curtain over her. Her back bowed and she gritted her teeth. Red was all she could see behind her eyes. Sweat beaded against her forehead and chills ran through her body. She could softy hear Esme's chanting and tried to concentrate on the Romany words that were just briefly familiar, but the pain was too great. Then as suddenly as it had began the pain stopped.

She was sweating what felt like buckets. "Esme, I do not think it worked."
"Oh it worked my ves'tcha. How do you feel?" Esme smiled.
"Great actually. But I remember everything. Oh God! I have to get out of here. I can't let him get to my family, Esme."
Esme took her by the arms. "Shivanni, shhh, my child. You are safe. Your family is safe. It has been three years since you walked through my door. Elspeth has been living a noble life for those years. It is time now that you claim back your body and your life." Shivanni looked thoughtful after this news, then smiled brightly. "It worked! You lovable old Crone! You did it!" Shivanni spun Esme around laughing. Esme smiled and giggled as if she were a child. "Now, listen here, I shall stuff you into my oubliette if you don't stop with the 'Old' jibes" Shivanni put her hands up in mock surrender. "Tell me everything I have missed. Then I must get back to my husband. We need to talk." Shivanni sat and listened to Esme tell the tale of her missing three years. She was astounded by everything that had happened. She hugged Esme and went to gather her horse to leave. "Chikni, I have something for you. You will need them soon if you are traveling to Darkwood with your husband." Esme handed Shivanni a pouch of potions and a small book. "The darker things live inside the book" Esme smiled.
Shivanni laughed and took the pouch and book. "Thank you, Esme."
"You are welcome. It is good to have you back, now be careful. Chardren is still out there."
Shivanni nodded. "I know Esme. I will. I must go talk to Og now, it is time he understood. I can not keep this from him any longer.

Esme watched Shivanni ride off towards the castle in Kallabach. She sighed with relief for the first time letting it show in her face. She knew the full effect had not taken its hold as of yet and knew that Shivanni's broken mind would eventually begin to show. Esme just wondered how broken it was.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/shivanninixanna

The Stories of Shivanni Nixanna MacDonald
Page 1 of 1