The Kingdom of Kalladen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Kingdom of Kalladen

The place to find all things pertaining to Kalladen, the Waco chapter of the High Fantasy Society

HomeHome  CR ForumsCR Forums  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Weapons requirements?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
wyldbow

Character sheet
Character Name: Halinoph Hakunahmattata
Class (1): Warrior

Weapons requirements? Empty
PostSubject: Weapons requirements?   Weapons requirements? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 4:50 pm

I'm a bit vague on the weapons construction requirements.
Are pool noodles required? I mean I have a design that is actually a little softer made using pipe insulation and gives a more flat blade look. And before you assume I just started, I've been boffering for five years now, and worked with Dagorhur, Darkon and yes Amtgard, and even NERO so I know the minimum safety requirements for a boffer weapon. Darkon wouldn't let me use a pool noodle weapon for being too "hard" A pool noodle with pantyhose over it.

I'll admit I'm not crazy about round swords. But I'm not against playing with them. I'm more RP and craft oriented anyway.
Back to top Go down
ivaar

Character sheet
Character Name: Sir Ivaar d'Besu
Class (1): Wizard

Weapons requirements? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weapons requirements?   Weapons requirements? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 9:17 am

I'm not a current group official, so take this with a grain of salt: The key for weapon construction is safety. If your weapon is as safe as those currently in use, then they'll pass inspection. The specifics of construction aren't important.

Some things to watch for: Excessive 'whippiness', excessive weight, hilts of a length that could hit somebody and injure them, pommels or stabbing tips small enough to intrude on the eye socket, coverings that can abrade the skin or 'slap' and cause injury, and materials soft enough that the core material could be exposed and make contact given a stout-enough swing. Note that this last item has nothing to do with weapons swings of a legal nature--we want weapons to be safe even if misused (to a certain extent).
Back to top Go down

Weapons requirements?
Page 1 of 1