The Kingdom of Kalladen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Kingdom of Kalladen

The place to find all things pertaining to Kalladen, the Waco chapter of the High Fantasy Society

HomeHome  CR ForumsCR Forums  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Quest of the Ancient Scroll

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
og-macdonald

og-macdonald

Title(s) : Sir/Lord

Character sheet
Character Name: Og MacDonald
Class (1): Barbarian/Warrior/Paladin

The Quest of the Ancient Scroll Empty
PostSubject: The Quest of the Ancient Scroll   The Quest of the Ancient Scroll Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 2:36 pm

Start Date: November 15th, 2009

This is a quest to be played over many weekends and added to. A wonderful storyline has already been produced from the first quest day. It will be posted soon. Our next quest day will be posted soon as well.

Beginning plot: Our Monarch has acquired an ancient scroll. It is rumored to lead to a great treasure but there are pieces missing. Find the pieces and keep them and you could find great wealth, or perhaps you will find a greedy death.
Back to top Go down
og-macdonald

og-macdonald

Title(s) : Sir/Lord

Character sheet
Character Name: Og MacDonald
Class (1): Barbarian/Warrior/Paladin

PostSubject: The Re-Telling (Part One)   The Quest of the Ancient Scroll Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 7:18 pm

Cirrus on a personal day out in the untamed country of Kalladen was only accompanied with his personal guard under the demand of Sir Og MacDonald. He would have preferred to travel alone.
Cresting the hill, he sees what looks like a section of small stone slabs.
“Yes that looks to be some kind of ruins. This trip just got interesting.”
He dismounts and signals to the guard to hold back. Cirrus walks slowly to the flat stones and begins to inspect the area. He walks about twenty yards around the stones and catches the scent of something he did not expect.
“Orcs! I hate orcs! I must go retrieve more men.”
Cirrus goes back to his men only to find that they have been laid to ground. He then realizes that they never stood a chance against such numbers. He must go get more men but on the other hand he really needs to find out more before he goes back to the castle. Cirrus scouts the ruins and in hiding from the pack of orcs he finds an entrance to a tomb. Knowing of other ruins on the island and having scouted most of them Cirrus knew that there was a trick to this sealed door. He pops the latch quickly and gives a shove. Slowly and with more noise than he would have liked, the door to the tomb opens. Inside he looks at his surroundings and finding a torch on the wall, he sparks it to life. The room floods with light and he can see that it is much smaller than he expected. Most of the supports for the room have long since crumbled and the room now groans and creaks with the weight of the heavy rocks above. Cirrus crosses the room quickly and sees a red leather scroll rolled up with a wax seal upon it. He grabs the scroll and moves swiftly for the door and barely makes it from the room before it crumbles in on itself. Knowing that the orcs will have heard that he takes flight and heads back to the castle.

Safely back in the castle in Kallabakh, His majesty, Cirrus looks over his prize. Having to use magic to break the seal, he opens the scroll. Inside is a section of the inner parchment, also made of leather. The other pieces are missing. He can tell that the runes, on the part of the parchment that had been left inside the scroll, are magic. Cirrus starts to feel dizzy and almost giddy. He must find the other pieces to this amazing parchment. He calls Sir Sebastian in and tells him together some men and meet him at The Boars Head Tavern in an hour. Cirrus arrives to find the tavern packed with armed men. “NO ALE!” cries one of them on a scream. Sebastian comes running to Cirrus and tells him that they must leave. Cirrus then begins to lead the group of men to the apothecary. Surely he will find some answers there....
Back to top Go down
shivanni-macdonald
Admin
shivanni-macdonald

Title(s) : Regent/ Baroness/ Dame

Character sheet
Character Name: Shivanni Macdonald
Class (1): Alchemist

PostSubject: The Re-Telling (Part Two)   The Quest of the Ancient Scroll Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 9:14 pm

They arrive at a small house just off the main lane. If Cirrus did not know where he was going then he would have never found it. This “shop” if you could call it that is nothing more then a house with women that he knew he would not like to be on the wrong side of. Cirrus and his men enter the small shop and see the ladies scatter but two hold their ground. As he approaches them he sees one is a child. She acts like she is in charge but has an aura that makes her seem much older then she looks. The second looks to be in her late 20's and also seems to be older.

Cirrus asks “ I need some information on a scroll” and throws a coin on the table along side the scroll. “What do you know?” he notes the ladies both try to hide their shock as they both look at each other. The child grabs the scroll and looks at it like you would a fine painting while the older one grabs and stashes the coin.

The child looks it over and then looks up at Cirrus and says “This scroll is worthless, a false scroll, meant to lead people to their deaths” and throws it behind her like she would a scrap of trash. Cirrus looks at Kyrryn and points to where the scroll landed and nods and Kyrren moves to retrieve the scroll. “Don't play with me woman! I have seen the look on your face when you first looked upon it. I know it has magic and I can't read it so I know it is of great power. WHAT DO YOU KNOW OF IT!” and slams his hand on the table. Shaken the child shrinks back from the table and says “ All I know is that it holds great magic. Seek the seer at the edge of the woods to the south west of the island. She may know more.

Cirrus taking the scroll from Kyrryn stuffs it back in to his jacket and starts to turn when the older witch speaks up. “You will need protection! I have something that may protect you but it comes at a price”. Cirrus turns around and looks at her for a second. “I'll take it! Name your price.” Two gold” she says. “Two gold! for this?! You can't be thinking me so daft to pay so much for such a trinket?”. “ It holds a protection you will need in the travel to the seer.” “ What kind of protection do I need? Look around you lady. I have a kingdom of men around me.” “That may be my lord but this is not your regular quest now is it?”. “Fine, hand it over.” As he pays the witch the lady hands the trinket over and they both viably relax. Cirrus turns to go and as he is leaving the house he hears “What?! NO HEALING HERBS!”.

Outside Cirrus turns to the South West and starts out. Just out side of the city they the air dies and feels heavy. As they round a turn in the road they see what looks like a scouting party but it just does not look right. Like perhaps they are not as organized as they should be. Then the wind starts. A foul smell is on the air and he realizes they are dead. “Undead!” Kyrryn shouts, “Ranks!” Sebastian shouts and the group form up to defend themselves. “Looks like they have a mage with them, try to capture him so we can get to the bottom of this”. The undead keep coming in waves but they can't seem to get to the mage without killing him. “Kill them all” calls Cirrus. As the dust settles they approach the mage and Nexus says “Let me speak to him.”
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/shivanninixanna
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Quest of the Ancient Scroll   The Quest of the Ancient Scroll Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Quest of the Ancient Scroll
Page 1 of 1