The Kingdom of Kalladen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Kingdom of Kalladen

The place to find all things pertaining to Kalladen, the Waco chapter of the High Fantasy Society

HomeHome  CR ForumsCR Forums  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ponderings on an Execution

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sleet Gil-shalos
Admin
Sleet Gil-shalos

Character sheet
Character Name: Sleet Gil-shalos
Class (1): Healer/Wizard

Ponderings on an Execution Empty
PostSubject: Ponderings on an Execution   Ponderings on an Execution Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 7:13 pm

It is late morning as I wander through my garden. Brief storms had left the morning air cool enough to be enjoyed for a short time more, and the garden is still very pleasant. However, my thoughts are, for the most part, focused on the two notes I hold in my hand.

I must admit to having some curiosity as to who the author of the "black bird" message might be. I, too, had been present at the trial of the Pied Piper and witnessed the king ordering the execution of the Piper and one other. At the time, I felt that the case against the Piper had not been proved. Apparently the king was in agreement with me, but chose to order the executions nonetheless. The points brought up in theblack bird" letter as to the punishments meted out to the witnesses are also cause for thought.

While it is certainly within the "rights" and jurisdiction of any monarch to arbitrarily have someone put to death, it was with much concern that I heard this sentence ordered for not one, but two persons who had come before the king. One other had been summoned by the court as a witness, only to find the heavy hand of the king turned upon him, too. The event proved to be only an entertainment for the populace, not a fair and even-handed trial, since it would seem the king had his mind set on a death sentence before ever a word was spoken.

I fear a dangerous precedent was set this night in the kingdom of Barad-Duin. Perhaps my fears will come to
nought, and the executions will prove to be but one instance of a miscarriage of justice. I am newly come to the realm, and as yet am unfamiliar with the other kingdoms and their respective behavior. Then, too, the new monarch of Barad-Duin may be of a different ilk. I must definitely speak with Larissa and Ivaar on the matter.

Ah, well, the morning is nearly over and the heat is settling in for the day. Perhaps some mint tea, taken by the spring fed pond in the cool shade will allow me better thought. Yes, that is just what is needed . .

Lady Sleet Gil-Shalos
Back to top Go down
https://kalladen.rpg-board.net

Ponderings on an Execution
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Kingdom of Kalladen :: Online Roleplay :: The First Days of Kalladen-
Jump to: